Check List: You’ll need the following to complete your Will online
Creating a legally recognised Will via the Your Wills website takes MUCH less time than watching an episode of Game of Thrones and it shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg either. It’s a quick, easy 9-step process which is even quicker and easier if you’ve done a bit of preparation.
Your Wills will generate a legally valid and simple Will, taking into consideration different State and Territory law.
You’re about to make some important decisions. Here’s the important information you’ll need:
- STEP 3 asks about ‘Executors’ – this is the part where you name the person who you want to manage your affairs. Have a bit of a think about who this person should be and make sure you have all their details.
- STEP 4 talks about ‘Assets & Liabilities’ – you’ll need to be able to list all your assets in this section. Have your insurance and superannuation paperwork handy for this section too.
- If the decision is clear in your mind as to who you’d like to leave your Estate to, and it falls into one of these 4 categories:
- All to my Partner / Wife / Husband
- All to my child
- Split among my children
You can fast track through Step 4 making the whole processes even faster.
- STEP 5 talks about ‘Guardians’ – this is the part where you name the person who you want to be the primary guardian of your children. Make sure you have all their details.
- STEP 6 talks about a ‘Carer’ – this where you name the person you would like to be the carer of your pet/s. Make sure you have all their details.
- STEP 7 talks about ‘Bequests ‘Gifts in Wills’ – this is where you nominate any friends, families or charities that you’d like to leave any gifts to. Make sure you have a list of gifts, a list of recipients and all of their details.
- STEP 8 is the all-important ‘Residual of Estate’ – this section asks you to nominate who you would like to leave your possessions to. Make sure you have all their details handy.
Got questions? We’ve got answers: https://www.yourwills.com.au/faqs/
Or if you’ve got a more specific question, get in touch: email@example.com
How Do I Get My Will Once I’ve Completed the Steps?
Easy. Once you have completed your Will online it will be sent as a secure PDF document to your nominated email account. Now, all you need to do is print it out, sign it, and have it witnessed by two independent people over 18 years of age.