Will Writing - Before You Get Started
Wondering how to write your own Will? Writing a Will in Australia is about following the best processes and preparing all the paperwork you’ll need. Let Your Wills run you through the best-practice approach to Will writing.
Here, you’ll find a simple step-by-step Will writing process – plus a simple list of everything you need to complete your Will – your way.
Check List: Everything You Need to Write a Will in Australia.
Will writing is a legally recognised process – but can be completed quickly and easily, if you follow our 9-step process.
Your Wills allows you to create a legally valid Will, taking into consideration different State and Territory laws. Simply put, we offer the fastest and most efficient online Will writing tools in Australia.
Payment is only required at the end of the 9-step will writing process – prior to reviewing and submitting your Will. Your Wills delivers a simple, no-stress approach that lets you try before you buy.
The 9-Step Will Writing Process & the Information You’ll Need.
- STEP 1 & STEP 2 – Personal Details
- STEP 3 – ‘Executors’ – this is the part where you name the person who you want to manage your affairs.
- STEP 4 – Assets & Liabilities – You can list all your assets and any liabilities here.
- If the decision is clear in your mind as to who you would like to leave your Estate to, and it falls into one of these 4 categories:
- All to my Partner / Wife / Husband
- All to my child
- Split among my children
You can fast track through Step 4 making the Will writing process even faster.
- STEP 5 – Guardians – This is the part where you name the person or persons who you want to be the primary guardian of a minor, if applicable.
- STEP 6 – Carer – This is where you name the person or persons you would like to be the carer of your pet/s.
- STEP 7 – Bequests Gifts in Wills – This is where you nominate any friends, families or charities you would like to leave any specific gifts to.
- STEP 8 – Residual of Estate – This all-important section asks you to nominate the person who should receive the remainder of your possessions.
Got questions? Your Wills has the answers. Contact our experts or begin the Will writing process now.
How Do I Get My Will Once I’ve Completed the Steps?
Once you’ve completed the Will writing process, simply download the PDF and print it out. A copy of your Will will also be emailed to your nominated email account.
Then it’s time to have your Will witnessed. To officially finalise your legally binding Will, ensure you have two independent individuals (over the age of 18) witness you signing each page of your Will – including the all-important last page. Your witnesses then need to sign each page of your Will too. The requirements of these witnesses varies in each State and Territory so ensure you read the witnessing instructions before signing.
Then you’re done – it’s that easy! Writing a will in Australia has never been more simple.
Your Wills really is the most quick and easy way to protect the future of your property, your legacy, and most of all, the ones you love. Get started with our Will Kit today.
Start your Will writing process now or contact our friendly team with any questions.